Monday, March 8, 2010

Holidome

As you know basketball is what I do. It’s kind of my thing. This post will be like the others and talk about it some more. But the awesome thing about basketball is it is different every time you play. One game you could come out and feel like Michael Jordan. And the next you could feel like the water boy.>But when that happens it just drives you to do better. Well it does for me at least. That competitive drive just makes me want to go out and prove myself. And to win of course.
My last basketball experience wasn’t that bad of one. I was out at the Holiday Inn for a friend's foosball tournament. They had a basketball goal so I played with some friends. A couple of guys we didn’t know came up there and asked if they could play with us. Of course we said sure. We play a couple games of 32 to warm up first. Everyone gets loose and we all get warmed up and decide to play 3 on 3.The first game we played was really close. It got to 14-14 in a game to 16. We had possession.Britton took the ball out at the top of the key. I came off of a screen and was open on the wing. He passed me the ball and without any hesitation I took the shot.Swish, nothing but the bottom of the net. Game over.
The next game we played wasn’t half as hard. One of the guys on the other team had to leave so they picked up another man. This guy was about 6’2” and probably around 180 lbs. not a bad sized guy. But his basketball skills just weren’t all there. We got up to a 9-4 lead.The new guy on their team wasn’t playing very well and his teammate, Stevie, just kept yelling at him. He wasn’t making him play any better.My team and I decided we were going to lay back a little so Stevie would lay off the new guy a little bit.We let them start to make somewhat of a come back but were still up 12-9.
Then something happen the changed all that.Britton set me a pick and then rolled to the basket and I hit him with a pass as he was rolling. He went up for a lay up n stride and the new guy came over top and blocked the shot. As he did so he proceeded to say “yea bitch!”After that we decided that we were not going to hold back anymore. We got the ball back because he had blocked it out of bounds. They didn’t get to touch the ball again. We scored every possession. That just goes to show you, you try to help someone out a little bit and it can come back to bite you. From now on I plan on keeping my game face on the entire game.

No comments:

Post a Comment