Beer pong has become a pretty big thing at parties and get togethers among college students. And among me and friends particularly. It’s the next big “who’s better” thing. And you know me; I am definitely one who is down for competition. Over the weekend I went over to a friend’s to get down on some bp. I didn’t know that the reason that I was going to have to get off the table was going to be because of my own choice.
As soon as I got there I got drafted up to become my friend Landon’s partner. In case you didn’t know “drafted up” means to get picked. We were the first ones up on the table. I really didn’t think we were going to do that good considering I had just got there and didn’t get a chance to warm up. But somehow we came out and won our first game. As we were playing our second game more people started to arrive to the party. There was this one guy that as soon as he got there he came straight to the beer pong table and asked “who’s got next?” There were probably about 3 other people in front of him. He watched us play our game and kept making little smart remarks about how we weren’t that good and should definitely lose this game. We were down only one cup. Landon and I decided we were going to shut this guy up. We pulled it together and got the victory. But this guy still was going on about how he would beat us. It was just fuel to the fire.
The next game we had got the cups set up and were about to shot when we heard “u suck” come from under some ones breathe. We knew who it was. I looked the guy right in the eyes. As I was doing so I preceded to shot the ball. Sink. Nailed it. Landon then shot his ball. Sink. Bring it back. Bring it back is when both teammates make their ball in the same turn. But this guy seemed to be a little shocked. We were a lot better than he thought. We went on to win that game. Landon hit maybe two cups that game but it was all good. It’s a team game and that’s what matters. We won as a team. We were 3-0 for the night.
The next game first shot we both hit and brought it back. Then we brought it back again. We were both warming up. Landon shot and hit. He was on fire. He got to shot until he missed. He then made two more shots. It was insane. We had already knocked down seven cups and they hadn’t even shot yet. I was in such awww I missed my shot. The guy on the sideline didn’t know what to say. All he could do then was give us our props. We went on to win that game with ease. 4-0. We played our fifth game and ended it by both hitting the last cup not even allowing a rebuttal. That is when the other team gets a chance to take the game into overtime after the other team has made the last cup. That was an awesome way to end the game and a really awesome feeling to do it. The guy on the sideline was supposed to be next but his ride was leaving so we didn’t get to play him. We would get him next time. We decided that we were done for the night. 5-0 was good enough for us. Plus all of the competition was gone. Nothing left to do when u don’t have competition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment