You probably think all of my posts are going to be about basketball. Well that’s where you’re wrong. They are also about beer pong. Competition just doesn’t have to be sports related. It can apply to many aspects of life. One in my life which is beer pong.
For those of you who don’t know what beer pong is it is a game involving beer, obviously, balls, and cups. You play with teams of two. Each team has 10 cups set up in front of them n the shape of a pyramid. You have two ping pong balls that you shot at the set of cups. The objective is to make the ball into all 10 cups before they make them into all of yours. There is a very common and important rule known as “nba jam rules”. If a player hits two shots in consecutive turns they must call “heating up”. If on the next turn they hit a third shot in a row they will say “on fire”. And as a result of that they get the ball back and get to shot until they miss. Simple enough right? Well at least for the most part. Depending on the “house” you play at the rules may very.
But over the weekend Britton and I went over to a friend’s house to play some bp. The house we were going to play at had some very good bp players. Guys that would go play in actual tournaments and play bp like on the daily. We had played there quite a few times before. We had had some success there in the past. Just not against a certain team Meech and Nathan. They were both really good. And together almost unbeatable. We ended up playing them that night and for once had a good game. We got down to 5 cups a piece. I made a cup. Britton missed. Then Meech made a cup. Nathan missed. It came back to me and I made another cup. I was heating up. Britton missed again. Then Meech also made another cup. He was also heating up. Nathan missed again too. I was going for my on fire. I missed. Damn! I thought for sure I had blew it. But Britton had made his. But somehow Meech and Nathan both missed. We had to capitalize. We only had two cups left and they still had three. I was going to make this one I could feel it. Tink! Right off the front of the cup. But my partner pulled through and made another one. He was heating up. All we had was one cup left. We were positive they were going to make at least one. Tink,tink. They both missed! Since Britton was heating up he went first to try and get his on fire. Sink. He hit it. He got the ball back. If he made this one the game was over. Sink. Game. I dint even have to shot. It was a pretty awesome feeling. We had never beaten them. Ahhh life was good. And we decided to retire for the rest of the night and end it on victory. Not a bad night if I do say so myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment